Let's Start at the Very Beginning...a Very Good Place to Start!!

Have you ever been out and about with your favorite little person and needed to find somewhere with a changing table, a clean restroom, or a water fountain? Have you ever been out and about on a hot day and all you really want is to find a kid-friendly place with comfy chairs, air-conditioning, and maybe even something for you to drink without resorting to snagging a warm juice box from the diaper bag? Have you ever thought about how great it would be to find all kinds of fun things to do with your kiddos, preferably free or on the cheap? Well, here is a source for finding all those places and more!! I know there are bigger websites and I love referring to them...but I want to share what I find in a more personal way with ya'll.

Just a bit about me...my name is Julie and I am a stay-at-home homeschooling mama to two sweet kiddos...known online as Bug and Sweetpea. My son is eight and my daughter is four and they definitely keep me busy-busy!! But even before I was a mom, I had plenty of experience with kiddos...as the oldest in a family of seven kids, as a regular babysitter, as a camp counselor, as a missionary working with orphan children in Romania, and as a nanny for several years. So I know just how great it is to find a changing table that actually has liners and a working buckle, how terrific it is to find a little known place where the kiddos can have a blast without hurting your pocketbook, and how awesome it can be to find a family restroom so you can feel secure in letting an independent little guy go to the bathroom by himself without wondering about creepy people, dirty restrooms, or if the little guy is pulling ALL the paper towels out of the holder!!

Since I am just starting out, my first reviews will be to places I go with my munchkins...zoos, museums, aquariums, indoor kiddie play places, various parks and bookstores, kid-friendly fast food places, and more. As the blog grows and gains followers who tell me of other places I will be able to expand it to even more fun places. With my son having a peanut allergy I will also be posting what places we avoid, what places are safe, and what safety measures we take to keep him healthy and out of the ER!!


I am aware that there are a few books on the subject out there. Unfortunately most of the more concise books deal more with the Dallas side of the Metroplex, and the only one I've found that was more Fort-Worth oriented is rather dated and again the websites don't seem as personal. So there ya go!! Here's hoping this grows into something great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment